clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Castlevania spiritual successor just topped $1.75M on Kickstarter, only one stretch goal left

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, the next game from former Castlevania producer Koji Igarashi, topped $1,750,000 in its Kickstarter this morning nearing the game's final stretch goal.

It took less than a day for the game to hit its $500,000 goal, which is meant to fund just 10 percent of the game and prove to the investors backing the other 90 percent that there is interest from gamersThe game hit $1 million the day after the Kickstarter went live.

The funding has brought with it a slew of stretch goals including a new boss, new playable character, nightmare mode, local co-op and, this morning at $1,750,000, a speed run mode. The final stretch goal, achieved at $2 million, is a boss rush mode.

Interested in the game and its creator? Check out Matt Leone's story, in which he spent a day with Igarashi as he prepared for the launch of the Kickstarter and talked about the upcoming game.

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for Patch Notes

A weekly roundup of the best things from Polygon