Bloodborne's latest patch is live and brings an enormous list of changes and tweaks to developer From Software's action role-playing game — several of which will make players' journeys through Yharnam easier.
Sony Entertainment Japan Studio producer Masaaki Yamagiwa detailed patch 1.04's changes on the PlayStation Blog today, and the most significant tweaks fall under the "System" category.
Bloodborne players will no longer be restricted from joining games based on their relative levels. The optional password system for cooperative multiplayer sessions allows other players to enter the password and join another's game. If the players fell outside of a certain level range, they couldn't engage in jolly cooperation. Patch 1.04 eliminates that restriction.
Bloodborne players will also be able to store significantly more consumable items in their coffin-shaped cabinets. The previous limit of 99 Blood Vials and Quicksilver Bullets each has been expanded to an astonishing 600 each.
You can read the full patch notes below, which touch nearly every conceivable area of the game from Chalice Dungeons (now good places to farm for Blood Stone Shards) and even an increase in screen brightness when recovering lost Blood Echoes.
- When players use a password, they will be matched regardless of level difference.
- As long as the other player uses the same password, members of enemy covenants can also play co-op.
- The Insight Shop will now appear when players have more than 1 Insight.
- Blood Stone Chunks can now be acquired by trading Insight.
- *Players must advance the story to a certain point before Blood Stone Chunks become available.
- The maximum number of Blood Vials and Quicksilver Bullets which can be stored has been increased from 99 to 600.
- Enemy strength in several New Game + areas has been adjusted.
- Enemy resistance to arcane and bolt attacks have been adjusted.
- Beasthood is now easier to increase. This allows players to have stronger attack for a longer period.
- The Beast Blood Pellet changed so that Beasthood will increase when used.
- A bug that occurred while using Rifle Spear as a rifle has been fixed.
- In particular, its damage when Blood Gems have been affixed has been fixed.
- The use of Stamina when wielding the Kirkhammer has been reduced.
- The use of Stamina when wielding Logarius’ Wheel has been reduced.
- The duration of the effect when the Old Hunger’s Bone is being used has been extended. Fewer Quicksilver Bullets will be consumed.
- Increased stat scaling for the Tiny Tonitrus. The Strength of attack when the arcane stat is low has been increased.
- Increased stat scaling for Augur of Ebrietas. The Strength of attack when the arcane stat is low has been increased.
- Number of Quicksilver Bullets consumed by A Call Beyond has been reduced.
- Number of Quicksilver Bullets consumed by the Choir Bell has been reduced.
- Players can now acquire a Short Ritual Root Chalice by trading Insight. The Chalice will become available after completing the Pthumeru Chalice dungeon. Players can now use the Short Ritual Root Chalice’s quick matching feature in the early part of the game.
- Random drops added to the reward given by bosses in Chalice Dungeon Materials to upgrade weapons, including Blood Gemstone, will be dropped randomly. Materials that can be obtained will change depending on the depth of the dungeon.
- Depth 1: Blood Stone Shards
- Depth 2: Twin Blood Stone Shards
- Depth 3: Twin Blood Stone Shards, Blood Stone Chunks
- Depth 4: Blood Stone Chunks
- Depth 5: Blood Stone Chunks, Blood Rocks
- The Rank of Blood Gemstones appearing in Depth 1-3 Chalice Dungeons has been boosted.
- More Blood Echoes will be obtained when enemies in Chalice Dungeons are hunted.
- The guest player’s HP will drop to 50% instead of 65% in a Cursed Chalice Dungeon.
- When using a Short Ritual Root Chalice for co-op play, the guest player will always start from the Lamp room of each floor.
- Special weapons that have been obtained in a Chalice Dungeon, such as Uncanny or Lost will become available for purchase chase from the Bath Messengers.
- Upon obtaining a special weapon such as an Uncanny or Lost weapon in a Chalice Dungeon, it will become available for purchase at the Bath Messengers.
Other Adjustments and Changes
- Brightness of the screen when Blood Echoes are acquired has been adjusted.
- A bug that disconnected players from online mode during standby mode has been fixed.
- During Multiplayer, there was an issue of enemies not displaying properly when they move quickly, on the guest’s screen. This bug has been fixed.
- Other adjustments and bug fixes.
Yamagiwa also announced that a ShareFactory theme will be released June 2.
Late last month, Bloodborne patch 1.03 hit the PS4, making loading faster, less annoying and more informative.