It's official: Buggy survival games with zombies are now their own genre.
Coffee Stain Studios announced that the latest content pack for Goat Simulator adds zombies, crafting, and of course all the bugs and glitches you'd expect from both Goat Simulator and online survival horror games. It's kind of the worst of all worlds.
Here is the official feature list:
- Mandatory crafting system because everyone else is doing it
- Zombies that bug out. There’s a pun here about actual living bugs, but we’re not going to bother
- You can craft anything in the world, as long as it’s one of the half dozen weapons in the game
- Zombies, because this is a zombie game, remember?
- A pretty big new map with some stuff in it
- Completely realistic survival mode where you have to eat every damn five minutes to survive because Dean Hall & Garry Newman said so
"GoatZ will be released on May 7th on Steam as a DLC for Windows, Mac and Linux and will cost $4.99. It'll also be released the same day as a separate app on iOS and Android for the same price," the company announced. The name is, of course, a play on both DayZ and goatse. If you don't recognize the reference, do yourself a favor and be happy with your ignorance.
We can only hope this is also coming to the Xbox One at some point.