Welcome to Polygon Minimap, a daily audio podcast touring the latest news about video games, related technologies and culture.
Here's what we're covering today:
THE BIG STORIES
- Nintendo is profitable again
- Nintendo to get new rides and attractions at Universal Theme Parks
- Heroes of Newerth gets a new owner and developer for its fifth anniversary
- Destiny registered players increases to 20M, while average play time drops
- DayZ's creator on Kickstarter, self-funding new games, and not hiring himself
- Zynga laying off 18 percent of its workforce in effort to cut $100M
- Who's in Captain America: Civil War? Just about every Avenger
THE BEST OF THE REST
- Will Wright's next game isn't a game … or is it?
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood review: madder red
- Bad name, good game: let's look at evil overlord simulator Dungeons 2
- Rockstar is cool with GTA 5 PC mods, and it's bringing video editing to PS4 and Xbox One
- Take a closer look at Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5
- The Witcher 3's latest trailer makes heads roll … literally
- Watch the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer as an SNES-style game trailer
Let us know what you think in the comments!