Art Academy: Home Studio allows players to take lessons, "draw inspiration from 360-degree landscape photos" and share their creations with friends.
The Wii U-only app will also allow you to upload time-lapse replays of your work on YouTube.
The app hits the Nintendo eShop on June 25. If you already own the $3.99 Art Academy Sketchpad app, you will get $4 off the purchase price of Home Studio, according to Nintendo's release. No price for Home Studio was listed as of publishing.
Here's a full breakdown of features from Nintendo:
- This fully featured version of Art Academy offers a wide range of lessons, from beginner to advanced.
- Anyone can learn to draw by working through multiple teaching modes. Different lessons are unlocked by playing the game. Each lesson teaches a new art technique.
- In addition to still subjects, Free Paint mode now includes 360-degree panoramic landscapes, so users can look around and find their own compositions to re-create.
- For the first time in the Art Academy series, artists can opt to work with the charcoal medium, in addition to paint, pastels, colored pencils and pencils. Choose from many different tools to create stunning works of art, all displayed for the first time in beautiful high definition.
- The touch screen of the Wii U GamePad controller makes a great canvas, and artwork can then be displayed on the TV for all to see and appreciate.
- Finished artwork can be saved to an SD card, and displayed in a personal virtual art gallery.
- Artists can record their creation process as a video and will be able to view it afterward.
- Share works of art by posting directly to the Art Academy community on Miiverse.