Lego Worlds is a procedurally generated sandbox game powered by Lego bricks, developed by TT Games and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, according to a new listing on Steam.
The game, which is listed as being an early access title on Steam, is single-player only right now and has you exploring the brick world and unlocking new discoveries "from cowboys and giraffes to vampires and polar bears, to steamrollers, race cars, and colossal digging machines!"
Players can use the multi-tool to "shape environments and alter any World to your liking: raise the terrain to create vast mountain ranges, or enter the Brick-by-Brick editor to build anything you can imagine. Save your creations to build with them again."
You can also populate your worlds with characters, creatures, models and drivable vehicles.
"Lego Worlds embodies the physical, Lego brick-building fun that consumers have enjoyed for decades, on a digital platform that delivers an entirely new type of experience with the beloved bricks," said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games, in a prepared statement "From the brick-by-brick editor, to discovering an expansive range of items, characters and creatures to populate your worlds - the creative possibilities are endless."
According to the press release:
In Lego Worlds, players have the freedom to alter procedurally generated worlds and create anything they can imagine one brick at a time, or use prefabricated structures to customize their environments. Large-scale landscaping tools are available to modify terrain quickly and easily. Entire worlds and creations are brought to life with characters and creatures that interact with each other as well as the player in unexpected ways. From helicopters to dragons, motorbikes to bears, there are always interesting ways for players to explore the vast worlds and discover hidden treasures. Fans of the LEGO building sets will be rewarded with a select number of commercially available sets that can be unlocked in-game during Early Access, with many more to come in future game updates. Future plans will also offer multiplayer and sharing features, for friends to experience each other's worlds and show-off their creations.
Here's the full rundown:
• Uncover hidden treasures in environments that range from the fun to the fantastical.
• Make your worlds come to life with customizable characters, both friendly and fearsome
• Race, soar, zoom, and ride on a variety of vehicles and creatures from diggers and helicopters to horses and dragons
• Build any world you can imagine using the brick-by-brick editor tool and prefabricated Lego structures
• Modify terrain quickly and easily with the multi-tool.
• Customize your characters in a wide variety of outfits and options.
• Play with a select number of real-life Lego sets, taken from the Classic and current Lego themes!
• Export your creations and save them to use again.
• More content, features, and new Lego play sets to be added in future updates.
The game is currently listed for $14.99.
Update: Story updated with information from press release.