A Russian-language promotional website for the Gears of War franchise briefly updated today with information about a remastered edition for Xbox One.
The leak, spied by Siliconera, says the remaster will draw on 90 minutes of content previously available in the original Gears of War for Windows PC. Also, gameplay features from Gears of War 3, such as marking enemy targets and improved sensitivity settings, appear to be available in the remastered earlier versions.
Promises of graphical performance at 60 frames per second also comport with earlier rumors.
In April, Polygon reported that Black Tusk Studios — now known as The Coalition — was developing a Gears of War remaster, following Microsoft's acquisition in 2014 of the franchise from its original developer, Epic Games. Gears of War celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2016.
Rod Fergusson, the current head of The Coalition and formerly the Gears of War producer at Epic, downplayed rumors of a Gears collection earlier this year but added that the studio is working on "other exciting Gears projects," with more details to come at E3, which is this week.
Here is the full list of features, per Siliconera.
- Adapted for Dolby 7.1 Surround
- 90 minutes of new content for campaign mode of the original game on PC
- New achievements for Xbox LIVE (player account 1250)
- Gallery sketches and comics available to unlock
- Streamlined multiplayer mode:
- 60 frames per second
- Dedicated servers
- Selection of players for skills
- New types of games, "Team Fight", "King of the Hill" (in the style of Gears of War 3) and the new 2 2 Destruction "Gnasherom."
- 19 cards, including downloadable content and exclusive cards from the PC version
- The ability to gain access to the 17 characters of Gears of War 3 multiplayer games
- New features match the settings, including the choice of parameters of the active charge, renewal, revival and the emergence of an independent arms.
- Streamlined gameplay more fluid movements and updated management system:
- Alternate control system and a brand new control scheme tournament
- All control parameters adapted for Xbox One
- Added features from your favourite Gears of Wars 3: Marking enemy targets, the use of the device in a multiplayer game, improved sensitivity setting.
More news about Gears of War is expected at E3. Microsoft's E3 keynote is tomorrow at 12:30 p.m. ET.