Apples to Apples, Mattel's game where you compare and combine cards to create weird and funny combinations, will be available for iOS today as a free download.
The card game's digital version ships with multiplayer support, customization options and social network hooks not available in the tangible version. Here's the official rundown from Mattel:
- Classic Gameplay Optimized for Mobile Devices: The mobile game brings the fast-paced fun to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with colorful graphics and stimulating, easy-to-learn gameplay.
- 5-Player Synchronous Multiplayer: Players can challenge friends and family members in real time.
- Social Media Integration: Players can connect their profile to Facebook to play with friends and send gifts. They can also share their favorite creative or silly card combinations.
- Trending Card Combinations: The community can vote on their favorite combinations and the top trending combos will appear on the Main Menu of the game!
- Card Pack Themes: Players can customize their experience by selecting card packs they want to play with – choose from a wide selection of categories including geography, animals, dessert and more!
Mattel's announcement didn't mention in-app purchases, but given that it's a free download, those may be included. The original, printed-on-paper version of Apples to Apples retails for $26.99, though Amazon sells it for $23.40.