Brand new stills from the next Star Wars movie reveals some action, new creatures
- Daisy Ridley (Rey) and John Boyega (Finn, a fugitive stormtrooper) under fire from The First Order on Jakku — a desert planet new to the Star Wars universe.
- The mysterious Kylo Ren, played by Adam Driver. Entertainment Weekly's story seems to hint at more secrets being revealed about this character in their print issue.
- Finn comes upon the wreckage of a TIE fighter, which dug a long furrow into Jakku's surface.
- Rey is shown here cutting BB-8 free from a "fellow scavenger's" net Entertainment Weekly writes. But who is this alien creature, and what are they riding?
- C-3PO hasn't had a full set of original parts in quite some time, and in this shot his left arm is mysteriously red.
- Kylo Ren and his troops burning a Jakku village.
- General Hux, played by Domhnall Gleeson, is a newly revealed leader of The First Order. Briefly shown at Comic Con earlier this year, this is the first time this image has been shown publicly Entertainment Weekly said.
- Captain Phasma, as played by Game of Thrones' Gwendoline Christie. The EW article contains hints on the origin of that name.
- J.J. Abrams on the set with his co-writer Lawrence Kasdan, who also penned The Empire Strikes Back. EW says they're sitting together in The First Order's Starkiller Base, which seems to share lines and motifs from Imperial structures of the past. The script they're working from was printed in red to prevent copying.
- EW says that J.J. Abrams has a reason his X-Wings are black, but for now he's keeping it to himself.