It's finally here! Fallout Shelter is now available for Android and, since you probably don't want to read more stupid words, here's a link to the Google Play store so you can get downloading.
When Bethesda surprise announced Fallout Shelter — the free-to-play mobile vault management sim — during E3 in June and said it would be available that very day, fans cheered. But the catch was: It was only available for iOS. It turns out same day surprises still have some limitations. But then, at a Fallout panel at QuakeCon last month, Bethesda announced the Android release and detailed some of the improvements coming to that version, as well as the iOS version. Here's a breakdown of that update from the iOS App Store:
What's New in Version 1.1
- To ensure your experience is as enjoyable and hassle-free as possible, Vault-Tec engineers have implemented some exiting new features!
- Overseers should be on the lookout for new threats to their Vault Dwellers. Some Vaults have reported attacks by burrowing Mole Rats and enraged Deathclaws - likely attracted by the sound of new construction.
- Vault-Tec has partnered with General Atomics International in order to offer Overseers their very own robot butler - the Mister Handy! Now you lazier Overseers have a friendly, entertaining alternative to tapping and collecting resources. (Crumpets not included.)
- Our engineers clearly underestimated the, *ahem*, usefulness of living quarters to stimulate Vault growth, resulting in gross overpopulation and decreased Vault efficiency. Rest assured, the simulation has been adjusted, and Vaults of all shapes and sizes should now run more smoothly.
- Not content with stealing your Vault's resources, some rather enterprising Raiders have now resorted to stealing Caps as well. (If you haven't armed your Vault Dwellers yet, now's the time!)
- As Vault-Tec does not approve of the use of unsanctioned levitation technology, all Vault Dwellers that were found floating through the air have been grounded. Permanently.
- Some of the more difficult daily objective requirements have been adjusted to more obtainable levels. You're welcome.
- Continued general maintenance to the Vault simulation. Because an efficient machine is a happy machine!
Still waiting for that download to finish? Here, watch our Overview video from E3 on the game and prepare yourself for vault life.