Jessica Jones, the second of Marvel's four interconnected Netflix series, was given a release date and its first teaser just a week ago, and that was just the beginning of Netflix's reveals for the new show.
Today, the streaming service released its first official pictures of the show's main cast, which includes Krysten Ritter, David Tennant and Carrie-Anne Moss. Netflix will release Jessica Jones on Nov. 20.
- Krysten Ritter plays the titular Jessica Jones, a private detective with superpowers.
- Mike Colter plays Luke Cage, Jessica's love interest and a superhero in his own right. In the Jessica Jones comics, Cage owns his own bar, and it seems like he may in the show as well.
- David Tennant plays Kilgrave, a villain with mind-control powers, known in comics as the Purple Man.
- Carrie-Anne Moss will be playing an original character, so far known only as Harper.
- Rachael Taylor will play Trish "Patsy" Walker, Jessica's best friend and, in comics, the superhero Hellcat.