There are collector's items and then there is this magnificent car, the byproduct of work by Final Fantasy designers and Audi engineers.
The Audi R8 Star of Lucis isn't just a gorgeous, moving realization of the craftsmanship and fantasy of Final Fantasy 15. Only one of them exist in the world.
Audi says it will be selling it off for about $470,000 after conducting an application process and lottery to determine who the lucky buyer is.
Take a moment to look at the images of this vehicle and the many amazing details poured into it, from its fine arbesque tooling, to the swords crafted into the wheels. This is more art than machine.
Make sure you get all the way to the bottom of this gallery to check out the trailer for the car. More details, in Japanese, about how to go about trying to purchase it can be found here. Also, the website is pretty amazing. All photos come from Audi.
- The R8 inside the walled city of Insomnia
- Audi's R8 on the go
- The Audio R8 features a V10 engine
- " The engine responds smoothly and quietly through the streets of Insomnia, but roars with wild abandon when released from civilized constraints in the vast outer reaches of the kingdom."
- "Should the Prince press the pedal to escape monstrous enemies, he will remain poised and properly supported. The driving experience refreshes, rather than fatigues, even during long journeys."
- The detailing on this one-of-a-kind car is gorgeous.
- "Black represents the light of the Lucis Royal Family and coats the great crystal, intensifying its brilliance."
- The shades of black in Lucis include Ramuhstard Black.
- There's also Lucis Ebony Black.
- The R8 is Ultrossic Black which includes a "subtle trace of purple."
- The wheels include the Kingdom of Lucis emblem and sculpted swords amid petals.
- Even the brake lights are on board with the Final Fantasy theme.
- You'll also find the arbesque pattern, the traditional pattern of the Tenebrae oracle clan.
- You don't need to be a Final Fantasy fan to marvel at this design.
- The R8 also has a digital virtual cockpit and internet access.
- Audi says it received a "Royal Warrant from the Kingdom of Lucis" in recognition of its auto quality. The car is a thank you to the Kingdom and meant to celebrate Prince Noctis' 20th birthday.