NES Classic Edition teardown gallery
- Is this the NES Classic Edition or an original NES? Write your answer on a piece of paper and fold it up.
- It was the original! Here's the NES Classic Edition perched on top. It's adorable!
- Here's a shot of them side by side. Handsome!
- Can you tell which controller is which? No, seriously, we're asking.
- They're almost identical! Except for the controller port and the extremely short cord on the NES Classic controller.
- Look at that cord, it's ~tiny~.
- The entire box for the NES Classic Edition isn't as big as an original NES. @_@
- Speaking of, this is some very attractive packaging.
- Even better than the box is this poster that comes inside. You're an ironing and some foamcore away from perfect, 80s-appropriate basement art.
- There, that's the stuff. It's a tiny little circuit board covered by a heatsink, shown to the right.
- Let's get the controller in there.
- They're almost identical. Even the screws fit the other controller.
- The old top loader, opened up.
- For size comparison, you could easily stuff the NES Classic into an original NES top loader.
- Old school. New school.
- It's Nintendos, all the way down.