Today marks Polish Independence Day. To celebrate, online retailer Games Republic is offering discounts on some of the best games from that country, including The Witcher 2, This War of Mine and Superhot.
National Independence Day commemorates the anniversary of the restoration of Poland's sovereignty after World War I, following more than a century of foreign rule by neighboring empires. Polish people get to enjoy the day off.
Offers running through the weekend, and available in the United States, include the following:
- The Witcher 2 down 85 percent to $2.99.
- This War of Mine: Anniversary Edition down 75 percent to $4.99.
- Dead Island: Definitive Edition down 45 percent to $21.99.
- Superhot down 40 percent to $14.99.
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter down 75 percent to $4.99.
Games Republic is owned by Warsaw-based 11 bit studios, best known for This War of Mine, which shows the effects of urban warfare on civilians struggling to survive. "In last few years Poland has started to become one of the most dynamic countries in the game development sector," offered a spokesperson.
You can find out more here. In the meantime, be sure to enjoy Polygon’s 2014 trip to Poland, where we met with many of that country’s top developers.