Dinosaur combat survival game Ark: Survival Evolved has unleashed its annual Thanksgiving treat, with "savage, blood-thirsty mutant Super Turkeys," on the rampage, according to developer Studio Wildcard.
Players can hunt down the creatures and use their remains to craft special ornamental headdresses or to summon useful allies. Turkey Trial 2 takes place on all the game’s maps, alongside some event-specific emotes.
Today also marks the release of a new update, which features additional creatures and gameplay changes. Here’s the list as supplied by WildCard.
- New Dinos: Achatina, Megalosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, and Moschops
- New Mechanic: Breeding Phase 3 with Random Mutations and Family Trees
- CrossARK Transfer: Bring characters and items back and forth between islands in the base game and the Scorched Earth expansion
- All-new Caves on The Island, redesigned layouts and graphics & increased challenge
- Explorer Notes: Two new mythos Explorer Notes for each character
- Increase in server performance
- Whistle Ordering Groups: Create groups by class, or specific-dino
- New Whistle Type: "Move To", point at an arbitrary location and tell dinos to move there
- VFX Indicators for Whistle Commands: Move To, Attack, and Group-Selected Units
There’s also a new trailer for the update.