NES Classic Controller comparison shots
- Can you tell which one is which?
- Even the screws are in the same places!
- Back to back, they’re identical.
- Yup, the cable comes out of the same spot, too.
- Now you can tell who's who! Even when it’s doubled back on itself, the original NES controller’s cable is significantly longer than the NES Classic Controller’s cord. (Taping down the cables was the easiest way to get them to stay taut.)
- The NES Classic Controller’s cable is about 30 3/8 inches long, while the original NES controller’s cord is approximately 91.5 inches long.
- Even the Wii Classic Controller Pro’s cable is almost 4.5 inches longer than that of the NES Classic Controller.
- It’s not apparent from this photo, but the plugs at the ends of the two cables are almost exactly 5 feet apart.
- The length of the cable is much more similar here.
- All right, we’ll let you in on a secret: The original NES controller’s cable is slightly thicker — by just a few millimeters — than the NES Classic Controller’s cord.