This is high season for new game releases and, of course, Polygon wants to bring you all the news and reviews of everything coming down November's conveyor belt. But we also want to help you play them better and have more fun doing it. Have you checked out one of our guides lately?
Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel
Dark Souls 3's first DLC, Ashes of Ariandel, launched on Oct. 25. We scored the expansion an 8, saying it's "the best Dark Souls 3 has ever been."
But those delving back into From Software's famously difficult RPG will need more than just a character of suitable level to tackle the challenge.
• Beginners should check in here first.
• For those more familiar with the Dark Souls franchise, here is our full guide to the expansion.
• Here's a look at the new armor and shields it introduces.
• And here are the new weapons, where to find them, and what they're good for.
Gears of War 4
The Xbox-and-PC shooter franchise launched its latest edition about a month ago. It has 50 collectibles strewn across its five acts.
If you just want general advice on where and how to look for them, here’s a primer on how collecting works in Gears of War 4.
If you’re trying to find something specific, here are all of the collectibles and their locations.
We scored the game a 9.0 overall, calling Gears of War 4 “a remarkably complete package.”
If you’re stuck on one of Obduction’s many mind-bending puzzles, our complete and comprehensive guide to the game can help you through any sticking point to get on with your experience.
World of Warcraft: Legion
• Here’s a recent look at why raiding is so expensive in World of Warcraft: Legion
• Here’s how to get every mount in the new expansion.
And all of our guides may be found here.