The PlayStation 3’s 10th anniversary is fast approaching, and Sony is running a two-week sale on the PlayStation Store to mark the occasion, with deals on a wide variety of games and movies.
The PS3 debuted in Japan, where it launched Nov. 11, 2006 — a decade ago this Friday. Sony brought the console to North America six days later.
The 10th Anniversary Sale features discounts of up to 60 percent (and as high as 70 percent for PlayStation Plus subscribers). Along with the deals, Sony is offering free PS3 and PlayStation 4 themes for the occasion. And there’s a bonus for early adopters: Anyone who has a PlayStation Network account that was created within six months of the PS3’s launch — in other words, an account that’s at least nine and a half years old — will receive an exclusive PS4 avatar.
Here’s a selection of the discounts that are available now; the full list is available on the PlayStation Blog:
- Bloodborne Complete Edition Bundle - $24.99 (50 percent off, regularly $49.99); $19.99 on PS Plus (60% off)
- Broken Age (PS4, PlayStation Vita) - $4.99 (80% off, reg. $24.99); $2.49 on PS Plus (90% off)
- Fez (PS3, PS4, PS Vita) - $8.70 (33% off, reg. $12.99); $6.49 on PS Plus (50% off)
- Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS4) - $41.99 (30% off, reg. $59.99); $35.99 on PS Plus (40% off)
- The Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls Collection - $19.99 (50% off, reg. $39.99); $15.99 on PS Plus (60% off)
- Rocket League - $13.99 (30% off, reg. $19.99); $11.99 on PS Plus (40% off)
Sony’s initial deals will run from now until 8 a.m. PT on Nov. 15, at which point a new set of discounts will go live for the second week of the sale. Maybe for the next 10 years of the PlayStation Network, Sony can focus on improving download speeds.