There's an intriguing speedrun competition taking place right now — The Big 20 — in which participants try to beat 20 straight NES games in the fastest time possible. Winners of the past two have clocked times under three hours.
This is the fourth race in the series, and it got underway at 1 p.m. The third was back in September. This race comprises the following games and conditions.
- Mario Bros — Beat Phase 10.
- North & South — Beat the game (difficulty 1, any settings).
- The Karate Kid — Beat the game.
- Die Hard — Beat the game.
- Clu Clu Land — Beat stage 5.
- Puss n Boots — Beat the game.
- River City Ransom — Beat the game.
- Dr. Mario — Beat levels 0 through 5. Begin at 0 if you lose.
- Solomon's Key — Beat room 10 (no warps).
- Snake Rattle n Roll — Beat stage 4 (no warps).
- Adventures of Tom Sawyer — Beat the game.
- Tiny Toon Adventures — Beat the game.
- Robowarrior — Beat the first boss.
- Guerilla War — Beat stage 4.
- Bionic Commando — Rescue Super Joe.
- Metal Storm — Beat the game (1 loop).
- The Krion Conquest — Beat the 3rd boss.
- Gremlins 2 — Beat the game.
- Zelda 2 — Get the hammer (no Up+A).
- Rygar — Beat the game (no wrong-warps).
The contestants may use cartridges, flashcarts or emulation to play. A full list of individual competitors' streams is here. Otherwise, the main feed, which shows the current top four contestants with commentary, is above.