PlayStation 4 Remote Play is coming to Windows PC and Mac in the console's next update, version 3.50.
There's no date yet for that next console update, but the beta goes live tomorrow. Unfortunately, it won't include the ability to test Remote Play.
Here's what you can test from 3.50 if you're in the beta program:
- Friend Online Notification - Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we've added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.
- Appear Offline - Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it's easier to go incognito as we've added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event - Time for a play date! We've added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Play Together - This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend's game, or start a new game together.
- Dailymotion - With this update, you'll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We'll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services.
Sony says it will be releasing more details on the update, including other "key features" and its release date, down the line.