Razer today announced a new Razer Blade notebook with a faster CPU and more graphics memory.
The updated Razer Blade laptop runs on an Intel Core i7 quad-core processor and comes with 16 GB of DDR4 RAM, 6 GB of GDDR5 VRAM in its Nvidia GTX 970M graphics card — that's twice as much video memory as what's in the existing Razer Blade model — and either a 256 GB or 512 GB SSD.
The 256 GB model of the Razer Blade will cost $1,999, and the 512 GB model will cost $2,199. Pre-orders begin March 16 at Razer's website, with orders shipping next month.
Like the Razer Blade Stealth, both models of the new Razer Blade feature an RGB backlit keyboard and a 3200 x 1800 QHD multitouch display. (Razer is no longer producing a Razer Blade model with a non-touchscreen 1080p display.) You can see the full hardware specifications below. The new Razer Blade will also be compatible with the Razer Core.
"We are getting much more aggressive as far as price point, but that hasn't come at a cost to the performance or design of the Razer Blade," said Min-Liang Tan, Razer's co-founder and CEO. "We've improved nearly every aspect of the 14-inch laptop, from CPU and GPU performance to system memory and port selection."
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ quad-core processor (2.6 GHz / 3.5 GHz)
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M (6 GB GDDR5 VRAM)
- 16 GB RAM (2,133 MHz DDR4)
- Windows 10 64-bit
- 256 GB / 512 GB SSD (PCIe M.2) options
- 14-inch IGZO QHD+ 16:9 Ratio, 3200x1800, with LED backlight and capacitive multitouch
- Anti-ghosting keyboard with per-key lighting powered by Chroma
- Killer Wireless-AC 1535 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.1)
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
- HDMI 1.4b video and audio output
- 3.5 mm headphone/microphone combo port
- Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Array microphone
- Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- 7.1 codec support (via HDMI)
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, trackpad, backlighting, and fan control
- Kensington security slot
- Compact 165 W power adapter
- Built-in 70 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- Dimensions: 0.70 inches (height) x 13.6 inches (width) x 9.3 inches (depth)
- Approximate weight: 4.25 pounds