The original Star Wars trilogy is headed back to theaters for a limited release this summer as a part of an Alamo Drafthouse roadshow.
The theater chain will be bringing the 1997 re-release versions of Episode IV: A New Hope, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and Episode VI: Return of the Jedi to various cities across the U.S. during the month of August, according to a press release.
Each screening will include short films before and after each installment — as is customary at Alamo Drafthouse cinemas — and feature an assortment of quizzes, props and other treats that have yet to be announced. Tickets for the event will go on sale May 4, otherwise known as Star Wars day.
A list of participating cities and theaters can be found below, along with what day the screening will be playing in each. The Drafthouse expects tickets to sell quickly, so if you're interested in it, be sure to scoop up a pair as soon as you can.
- August 6 - San Francisco, CA / The Warfield
- August 6 - Kansas City, MO / The Midland Theatre
- August 6 - Washington, D.C. / Warner Theatre
- August 6 - Los Angeles, CA / The Theatre at the Ace Hotel
- August 6 - New York, NY / The Town Hall
- August 6 - Miami, FL / Olympia Theatre
- August 6 - San Antonio, TX Majestic Theatre
- August 7 - New York, NY / Kings Theatre
- August 7 - Dallas, TX / Majestic Theatre
- August 11 - 13 - Austin, TX / The Long Center for the Performing Arts
- August 13 - Philadelphia, PA / The Keswick Theatre
- August 13 - Louisville, KY / Brown Theatre
- August 20 - Oakland, CA / Paramount Theatre
- August 27 - Boston, MA / The Boston Opera House
- Date TBD - Houston, TX / Venue TBD
- Date TBD - Denver, CO / Venue TBD