The PlayStation Store is discounting a number of games in honor of Golden Week, a Japanese holiday period comprising several celebrations. Although Golden Week technically doesn't start in Japan until April 29, PlayStation's Golden Week sale is running now through May 3 at 11 a.m. PT. It appropriately features price drops on several Japanese-developed games.
PlayStation owners stateside don't have the week off like Japanese nationals do, but this is still a good chance to pick up many Japanese role-playing games and other titles of note. These include last year's Persona 4: Dancing All Night and Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, February's Gravity Rush Remastered and Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, and several other games new and old.
Check out our highlights below (PlayStation Plus prices are in parentheses):
- Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (PS4): $41.99 ($35.99)
- Persona 4: Dancing All Night (Vita): $34.99 ($30)
- Yakuza 5 (PS3): $27.99 ($23.99)
- Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4): $20.99 ($18)
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PS4): $29.99 ($24.99)
- Bayonetta (PS3): $7.99 ($6)
- Suikoden 3 (PS3): $4.99 ($4)