Each year E3 douses us with a deluge of video game announcements, new trailers and interviews. It can be so overwhelming at times that it's hard to make sense of what games are coming when.
In this photo essay we tried to step back from our coverage and give you a sense of what to expect, not for the remainder of this year, but 2017.
Among these images are entirely new games, reboots of exciting, long-anticipated titles, sequels and even a piece of hardware. Unless otherwise noted in the caption, all of these games don't have a specific release window beyond simply 2017.
- Absolver Slocap's martial arts action role-playing game that some have said is like Dark Souls meets Street Fighter... Check out our video preview for more.
- Agents of Mayhem From the creators of Saints Row comes a game that is sort of ... Saints Row?
- Crash Bandicoot remasters Remasters of Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot: Warped are all set to hit the PS4 next year.
- Ever Oasis Nintendo's new 3DS action-adventure role-playing game takes place in a desert.
- For Honor Last week gave us a look at the campaign for this medieval action game, which is due out in February.
- Horizon Zero Dawn Due out in February, this third-person action role-playing game from the creators of Killzone features robot dinos.
- Injustice 2 NetherRealm blew people away with the trailer for its superhero fighting game sequel.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Coming to both the Wii U and NX next year, the next Zelda game takes place when Link awakens from a 100-year slumber. The demo caused stampedes at E3.
- Loot Rascals Loot Rascals is the first game from Hollow Ponds, made of up some of the creators of Hohokum. Due out early next year, the game is a roguelike turn-based strategy game.
- Mass Effect: Andromeda Andromeda will star a younger, untested band of heroes. It's due out "early" next year.
- Persona 5 Coming Feb. 14, 2017, Persona 5 will let you chat with shadows, get jobs and hang out with your cat.
- Prey We're not entirely sure how this new Prey will fit into the series, but it's set in a space station in 2032 and looks bizarre.
- Project Scorpio Xbox Coming holiday 2017, the new Xbox will deliver 6 teraflops of computing and true 4K resolution.
- Rain World You are a nomadic slugcat hunting the industrial wastes for food.
- Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil 7 hits Jan. 24 and is set in a desolate American town. The demo is out now.
- Scalebound Delayed into 2017, PlatinumGames' Scalebound was at E3 this year showing off its dragon-powered cooperative play.
- Sea of Thieves This Rare pirate game was first shown in 2015. This year we went hands on, fell overboard and sunk ships.
- Tacoma Due out next spring, Tacoma is a narrative-driven game by the people behind Gone Home. It takes place aboard a space station.
- Tekken 7 Due out in "early 2017," Tekken 7 will include a new story mode.
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands This return to Ghost Recon will deliver the first military shooter playable start to finish in four-player co-op, according to Ubisoft. It hits March 7, 2017.
- Yooka-Laylee A spiritual successor to games like the Banjo-Kazooie series, this is an action-adventure platformer. It hits in the first quarter of next year.