Trion Worlds is hosting another closed beta session for Atlas Reactor, and we've got 500 more keys to give out to those who want them. Last time we did this giveaway, we ran out of codes fast so be sure to act quickly on this one!
Don't mistake "turn-based multiplayer" here for "slow"; each player takes his or her turn at the same time as everyone else. Matches can go by lightning fast, and they definitely keep you on your toes. Think XCOM meets Dota.
If you're interested, we also included 11 tips for Freelancers below. Make the most of what you have!
For more detailed impressions on the game, see our take on it here.
**NOTE: Available on PC only*
Atlas Reactor Closed Beta Key Giveaway
The offer begins on Thursday, June 9 at 8:00 a.m. UTC and ends on Thursday, June 23 at 8:00 a.m. UTC, or whenever the first 500 offers are claimed, whichever is first. Entries submitted before or after the applicable offer period will not be eligible.
Terms & Conditions:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The 'Atlas Reactor closed beta giveaway' offer begins on Thursday, June 9 at 8:00 a.m. UTC and ends on Thursday, June 23 at 8:00 a.m. UTC, or whenever the first 500 offers are claimed, whichever is first. Entrant must be aged 18 or over. You can find the full Terms & Conditions at the bottom of the entrance page.
- Visit https://www.atlasreactorgame.com/en/redeem/ and enter your code
- Download instructions will be emailed to you OR you can download the game at https://reactor.trionworlds.com
11 TIPS TO ENSURE VICTORY FOR YOUR ATLAS FREELANCER
- Dashes are incredibly useful. Use them to dodge Dash phase and Blast phase attacks, or even save allies by dashing into the path of a shot meant for them!
- Sometimes the best move is standing still. Traps laid down during the Prep phase can punish players that Dash or Move.
- Knockbacks and Pulls are very powerful when used in conjunction with Traps. These displacement effects always happen at the end of the Blast phase.
- Being next to a wall will reduce damage taken from that direction by 50%, unless the attacker is also adjacent to you.
- You can "chase" a player by right-clicking on an opponent (or Ally!). When you chase an opponent you will try to move where they move to. Chasers will move at the end of the Move phase.
- If you think an enemy is going to chase you, make sure to run through some ally traps; you won't take damage, but your enemy will!
- Free Action abilities do not count towards the usual limit of 1 ability per turn; if you don't use an ability, you can sprint (double movement), which can help get you back to the fight or out of a bad situation.
- When choosing where to move, you can right-click more than once to set waypoints, which are great for moving around traps or through powerups on the way to your destination.
- There are light indicators at the base of powerups that will tell you when they will spawn. Landing on one when all 3 light indicators are lit up means you will automatically get that powerup next round.
- You can see powerups even in the fog of war. If you see one disappear you know an enemy is around that area.
- During Decision Mode, mousing over an enemy will display the cooldowns of his abilities, letting you know if s/he can dash or not. Mousing over allies shows the abilities they are targeting this turn. Holding Alt will display all of this information at once. If you Alt + Click, you will ping the map.
Yes! You can find Atlas Reactor on YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook. For more information on Atlas Reactor, visit the official website.