11 TIPS TO ENSURE VICTORY FOR YOUR ATLAS FREELANCER
- Dashes are incredibly useful. Use them to dodge Dash phase and Blast phase attacks, or even save allies by dashing into the path of a shot meant for them!
- Sometimes the best move is standing still. Traps laid down during the Prep phase can punish players that Dash or Move.
- Knockbacks and Pulls are very powerful when used in conjunction with Traps. These displacement effects always happen at the end of the Blast phase.
- Being next to a wall will reduce damage taken from that direction by 50%, unless the attacker is also adjacent to you.
- You can "chase" a player by right-clicking on an opponent (or Ally!). When you chase an opponent you will try to move where they move to. Chasers will move at the end of the Move phase.
- If you think an enemy is going to chase you, make sure to run through some ally traps; you won't take damage, but your enemy will!
- Free Action abilities do not count towards the usual limit of 1 ability per turn; if you don't use an ability, you can sprint (double movement), which can help get you back to the fight or out of a bad situation.
- When choosing where to move, you can right-click more than once to set waypoints, which are great for moving around traps or through powerups on the way to your destination.
- There are light indicators at the base of powerups that will tell you when they will spawn. Landing on one when all 3 light indicators are lit up means you will automatically get that powerup next round.
- You can see powerups even in the fog of war. If you see one disappear you know an enemy is around that area.
- During Decision Mode, mousing over an enemy will display the cooldowns of his abilities, letting you know if s/he can dash or not. Mousing over allies shows the abilities they are targeting this turn. Holding Alt will display all of this information at once. If you Alt + Click, you will ping the map.