pokemon go in central park
- More Pokémon Go fans were clustered outside of Central Park than inside, thanks to a perfect square of PokéStops.
- It was a beautiful day — to ignore nature and hunt for Pokémon.
- Players arrived at the park decked out in Pokémon swag.
- The meetup was not particularly social, with groups of friends hunting Pokémon together in lieu of teaming up with their fellow trainers. Still, it was a nice way to hang out with pals for an afternoon.
- One player showed off her impressive collection of Magikarp. Like other players, she's availed herself to catching 400 candies' worth of the low-powered Pokémon to obtain a much stronger Gyarados.
- Central Park has plenty of tranquil ponds and pretty sights. It also has plenty of Pokémon.
- Meowth stopped by during a quick pit stop in the shade.
- Cubone was less than happy to see us.
- A bunch of players got excited when Charmander appeared on the map. The beloved fire-type starter can prove hard to capture in the wild.
- Staryu hitched a ride on one player's bag as he and his group traveled across the park, blissfully unaware.