It's not every year that a major multimedia franchise turns twenty.
All year long, Nintendo has been celebrating Pokémon's twentieth anniversary as a video game, television and merchandising giant. Now, a new figure pack including the series' original protagonist Pokémon Trainer Red — as well as the final forms of all three starter Pokémon: Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise — is available through online retailer the Pokémon Center.
The Red figure is created in the Nendoroid style — a Japanese figure series sporting a tiny body and a large head with changeable facial expressions. Each of the figures are poseable and come with their own accessories.
- The Pokémon Trainer Red: Champion Version figure pack, inspired by the original games, is now available from the Pokémon Center.
- Figures included in the pack are Pokémon Trainer Red and the three original evolved starters: Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise.
- Red was the main protagonist of Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow versions. He also appeared as an opponent in Gold, Silver and Crystal, and later in Black 2 and White 2.
- Red comes with a transparent stand, as well as accessories like Pokéballs and a backpack.
- Red also comes with swappable facial expressions.
- Charizard is one of the most popular Pokémon, being featured on the cover of Pokémon Red in 1998 and on FireRed six years later.
- Each Pokémon figure comes with accessories that showcase some of their signature moves. Here's Charizard using the devastating Blast Burn.
- Venusaur is the final form of Bulbasaur, the only starter in the first generation of games to begin as a dual-type Pokémon.
- Venusaur's accessories can be used to encase it in tall grass for the Frenzy Plant move.
- Blastoise's signature water cannons can be positioned in multiple directions.
- Two add-ons allow Blastoise to use the special move Hydro Cannon.