Rocket League is getting a new game mode next month which delivers several zany and useful power-ups that plunge the sport of RC car soccer deeper into chaos.
Called Rocket League Rumble, it was shown yesterday in the finale of the Rocket League Championship Series in Hollywood. Rumble will be part of a much larger update planned for the game in September. Psyonix did not give a more specific date for its launch.
In Rumble, cars can pick up 11 power-ups to warp their abilities and the outcome of play. They are:
- The Boot (Kick's an opponent's car)
- Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)
The trailer above gives you more of an idea of how all this works. For more on Rocket League, check out our recent guide to the game.