Nintendo is expanding its line of budget Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games, adding popular titles from franchises like Animal Crossing and The Legend of Zelda to the Nintendo Selects line-up. Alongside the price cuts, however, are new bundles for amiibo collectors on Wii U coming next month, packaging a trio of games with the Nintendo figures.
The following list of 3DS and Wii U games will be sold for $19.99 as of Aug. 26, which is nearly half-off for some of the new additions. They’ll feature Nintendo Selects branding and join the existing collection of games, like Super Mario 3D World and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo 3DS); previously $29.99
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (Nintendo 3DS); previously $35.99
- Tomodachi Life (Nintendo 3DS); previously $35.99
- Nintendogs + cats: Golden Retriever and New Friends (Nintendo 3DS); previously $39.99
- LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (Nintendo 3DS); previously $29.99
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U); previously $49.99
- Nintendo Land (Wii U); previously $29.99
- LEGO City Undercover (Wii U); previously $49.99
For $39.99, the following Wii U games will come with amiibo figures beginning Sept. 9. Two of the three games getting special bundles will offer Nintendo fans a choice between one of two amiibo figures, while Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker just has the option of the titular hero. Yoshi's Woolly World launched alongside several amiibo, but the new price point is a discount for those who have yet to pick up the character's latest, cutest adventure.
- Yoshi’s Woolly World (Pink or Light Blue Yarn Yoshi)
- Mario Party 10 (Peach or Bowser)
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Toad)
The price cuts and bundle options come after weeks of rumors regarding Nintendo’s next "dedicated game system," known only by its codename, NX. It’s expected that the company will reveal full details sometime this fall, perhaps as early as next month.