no man's sky first planet
- Redditor wieferthefarmer started here, a planet later renamed Phaleon. It may get cold at night, but this explorer still thinks of it as "an amazing planet."
- literal_reply_guy kicked off his adventure here, on a planet he refers to as "very alien." That view is pretty hard to beat, though.
- Many users are beginning the game at the colder parts of the galaxy. This planet welcomed player liquidjose with a freezing bear hug, but those snow-tipped leaves are undeniably gorgeous.
- We're partial to Baelorn's home planet, which boasts this fantastic skyline. Check out those floating structures in the background — this place offers plenty to explore.
- Danigickle's planet is a little bit toxic, a little bit (okay, extremely) chilly, but it seems like a desolate, peaceful land.
- Watching other people explore the planets in No Man's Sky can be just as exciting as playing the game yourself. We're just as envious of player Aleithian's wife as he likely is after seeing her home planet, which he called "Earthlike."
- ToastedBreadCrumb renamed his starter planet "Brometheus." That name speaks to the primal, untouched state of the temperate planet — although the player should beware of the temperature's effects on the exosuit.
- The best part of ToastedBreadCrumb's planet, however, is how the nighttime view differs so greatly from that of the daytime. It's as ominous as it is enrapturing.
- The view from the moon on OpticalPrime33's home planet is so beautiful, Reddit labeled it not safe for work. (That tower jutting out in the middle is a bit suggestive, we guess.)
- Here's No Man's Sky scholar and Polygon Guides Editor Dave Tach's first planet, in his own words: "My frist planet in No Man's Sky was beautiful. It was also deadly tundra that tried to kill me with cold every second that I was stranded on that hellscape. I left, and I never looked back. I've never seen anything like it before or since, which is probably why I kind of miss it."
- Polygon's Head Moderator James Elliott shared this screenshot of one of his home planet's most unique creatures. "My starting planet has a desert motif, complete with a dingo/antelope hybrid, Dingolope," he said.