Pokémon Go Plus photo essay
- This was the last Plus at my local GameStop. They had a delivery of 10, five of which were reserved for pre-orders, one of which was purchased by a store associate, three of which were sold in the minutes before I got there.
- This is the back of the box ... I don't know, maybe you were curious?
- The contents include: the Plus accessory, a wriststrap and a manual.
- The Plus comes with a belt clip pre-installed, which you can remove in favor of the wriststrap.
- "Remove and discard before use" or else it won't work and you'll look like a goofball.
- This is the belt clip.
- And this is the wriststrap. Note the screw hidden underneath the strap.
- In order to swap mounts, you need to unscrew the belt clip. Underneath is the unit's CR2032 watch battery.
- There, that's better. Can't lose it if it's strapped to my wrist.
- [Wrist not included]
- First, make sure your Pokémon Go app is up to date. The 1.7.0 update adds Plus support (and also Buddy Pokémon!). Then, when you open the app and head into Settings, you'll see a new option for "Pokémon GO Plus."
- Tap the button on your Plus and it will immediately appear under "Available Devices." Select it, accept the pairing request (on iOS, that is) and ... that's it, now you're connected!
- Once it's paired to your phone, you'll see an icon for it in the upper left of your Pokémon Go app. Now go catch 'em all, you rascal.