Assassin’s Creed Origins’ season pass will include two story-driven expansions that will be released in 2018, including one that will let players — as protagonist Bayek — battle mythical Egyptian beasts. A piece of free downloadable content will go a little bigger, letting you fight the Egyptian gods themselves.
The game’s season pass, which is available as part of Assassin’s Creed Origins’ $99.99 Gold Edition and will be sold separately, includes some cosmetic goods and in-game currency in addition to its story-driven DLC.
Here’s a breakdown of what’s included in the game’s paid content, via Ubisoft:
- DLC 1 - The Hidden Ones: This story-driven expansion builds upon the growth of the Brotherhood, taking players years after the events of Assassin’s Creed Origins as they clash with an occupying Roman force in a new region. This expansion will extend the level cap, allowing players to keep on making their character progress. Available in January, 2018.
- DLC 2 - The Curse of the Pharaohs: In this story-driven expansion focusing on Egyptian mythology, players will fight against undead pharaohs and explore a new, mystical realm. During their journey, players will encounter famed Egyptian beasts such as Anubis warriors, scorpios and more, as they investigate the cause of the curse that has brought the dead pharaohs back to life. The Curse of the Pharaohs will increase the level cap further and introduce brand new Abilities. Available in March, 2018.
- The Roman Centurion and Horus Packs: Two exclusive add-on packs including a new outfit, weapons, shield and mount. Available in November, 2017.
- A package of 500 Helix Credits, Available at the launch of the game.
- An exclusive rare weapon, the Calamity Blade. Available at the launch of the game.
Assassin’s Creed Origins owners will also get some free stuff at launch and beyond. These add-ons include a wave-based horde mode, the Trial of the Gods boss battles and the “combat-free living museum” Discovery Tour.
Here are more details, via Ubisoft:
- The Trial of the Gods – Face off against the Egyptian gods in boss battles during special timed events, and receive valuable rewards for victory. Kicks off 15 days after launch.
- The Nomad’s Bazaar – Track down a wandering merchant who will give you daily quests to pursue and reward you with exotic mystery rewards. Available at launch.
- Photo Mode – Capture the beauty of the Egyptian landscape, indulge your inner wildlife photographer, and discover interesting photos taken by other players. Available at launch.
- Discovery Tour – This new game mode turns the world of Assassin’s Creed Origins into a combat-free living museum. Read more about this mode and the educational guided tours in our previous coverage. Available in early 2018.
- Horde Mode – Hone your skills with blade and bow against endless waves of enemies in the Gladiator Arena, see how your scores stack up, and challenge your friends asynchronously. Available in early 2018.
You can get a peek at that content in the trailer above. Assassin’s Creed Origins hits PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One on Oct. 27.