Update 2 (1:20 p.m. ET, Oct. 3): Bungie has completed maintenance nearly two hours early, and Destiny 2’s servers are now back online. You can check out the final patch notes for hotfix 22.214.171.124 here.
With the conclusion of maintenance, Bungie also announced the winner of Destiny 2’s first Faction Rally: Dead Orbit! That means that players who pledged their allegiance to that group can buy the Dead Orbit scout rifle, Haunted Earth, for just 1,000 Glimmer. (It will cost 50,000 Glimmer for everybody else.)
You may notice evidence of who won the first Faction Rally in Destiny 2 as you make your way back to the Tower.— Bungie (@Bungie) October 3, 2017
Congratulations, Dead Orbit. Thanks to all who played in support of their favorite faction. There is always next time! pic.twitter.com/7hjr6AdeVo
Update (11:04 a.m. ET, Oct. 3): Destiny 2 server maintenance has begun, and the servers are now offline.
Original story: Destiny 2’s seemingly weekly bout of downtime for server maintenance is coming Tuesday instead of Monday this week, with a new update scheduled to launch during it.
The maintenance window is set to begin at 11 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, Oct. 3, six hours after the weekly reset. As usual, that’s when Bungie will stop allowing players to sign in to Destiny 2, but people who are already playing will be able to continue until noon EDT. At that point, the studio will kick everybody out of the game. Bungie expects to complete maintenance at 3 p.m. EDT.
Once the Destiny 2 servers are back online, the game will prompt players to download what Bungie describes as a “hotfix,” which seems to be a term for an update that isn’t as big as a patch. Hotfix 126.96.36.199 includes the following bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue in which players could lose access to the Veteran’s Transmat Effect by deleting characters
- Fixed an issue in which clan engrams would grant Trials of the Nine and raid rewards at only 10 Power
- Fixed an issue in which progress for the Exotic Quest Step “His Highness’s Seal” was not incrementing properly (Quest progress will still increment by 1, but the Quest Step now only requires 10 Seals to be collected)
- Fixed an issue in which raid milestones would not show for some players after the weekly reset (This didn’t affect any raid rewards)
- Fixed issues in which players could enter a state where they are continuously killed or unable to resurrect if encounter complete and failure events occurred simultaneously
The note about clan engrams is interesting — many players had assumed that rewards from Hawthorne’s legendary engrams were supposed to drop at a power level of 10. After all, clan engrams represent loot that you didn’t earn yourself: It’s awarded for feats that other people in your clan have accomplished.
We’ll update this post with details on how the maintenance is progressing. For more on Destiny 2, read our review and check out our extensive guide.
Correction (Oct. 3): The second update to this article originally said that Dead Orbit members would be able to buy Haunted Earth for 10,000 Glimmer. The discount for Faction Rally winners actually brings the price down to 1,000 Glimmer. We’ve edited the article to reflect this.