There are two kinds of collectibles in each Super Mario Odyssey kingdom: power moons and coins. In this guide, we’ll show you the locations of power moons in the Cap Kingdom.
Cap Kingdom moon names
- Frog-jumping above the Fog
- Frog-jumping from the Top Deck
- Cap Kingdom Timer Challenge 1
- Good Evening, Captain Toad!
- Shopping in Bonneton
- Skimming the Poison Tide
- Slipping through the Poison Tide
- Push-Block Peril
- Hidden Among the Push-Blocks
- Searching the Frog Pond
- Secrets of the Frog Pond
- The Forgotten Treasure
- Taxi Flying Through Bonneton
- Bonnetter Blockade
- Cap Kingdom Regular Cup
- Peach in the Cap Kingdom
- Found with Cap Kingdom Art
- Next to Glasses Bridge
- Danger Sign
- Under the Big One’s Brim
- Fly to the Edge of the Fog
- Spin the Hat, Get a Prize
- Hidden in a Sunken Hat
- Fog-Shrouded Platform
- Bird Traveling in the Fog
- Caught Hopping Near the Ship!
- Taking Notes: In the Fog
- Cap Kingdom Timer Challenge 2
- Cap Kingdom Master Cup
- Roll On and On
- Precision Rolling
Cap Kingdom map
How to find all Cap Kingdom power moons
Power moons 1-11 are available before you finish the campaign, while power moons 12-17 are only available after your final confrontation with Bowser.
1. Frog-jumping above the Fog
- Use Cappy to take over a frog near the bridge that leads away from the Odyssey.
- Head back in the direction of your ship, and look over the railing for two hats sitting down among the fog.
- Jump to the first hat and then the second hat.
- Jump on top of the question mark blocks on the second hat.
- Jump up again to reveal a hidden block.
- Jump onto the previously hidden block.
- Jump up from the hidden block to get the Frog-jumping above the Fog power moon.
2. Frog-jumping from the Top Deck
- Use Cappy to take over a frog near the Odyssey and head to Central Plaza (where the shops are).
- Jump on top of the the tallest hat in Central Plaza. (It’s the one with two hats on top of each other, in the southwest corner.)
- Jump from the top of that hat to get the Frog-jumping from the Top Deck moon.
3. Cap Kingdom Timer Challenge 1
- At the end of the bridge that leads to Top-Hat Tower, throw Cappy at the scarecrow.
- Roll up and down the hills on the bridge. (Rolling gives you the speed you need to get there before the timer runs out.)
- Collect the Cap Kingdom Timer Challenge 1 power moon on the yellow platform at the end of the bridge.
4. Good Evening, Captain Toad!
Climb to the top of Top-Hat Tower, and talk to Captain Toad to receive the Good Evening, Captain Toad! power moon.
5. Shopping in Bonneton
Go to the yellow store in Central Plaza, and you can buy the Shopping in Bonneton power moon for 100 coins.
Behind Top-Hat Tower
The next two power moons are behind a red hat door that’s on the far side of Top-Hat Tower. Use Cappy to control the flying Goomba on the bridge that leads to Top-Hat Tower, and fly your way around to its far side.
6. Skimming the Poison Tide
- Use Cappy to inhabit a flying Goomba, and collect the five power moon pieces. They’re all between you and the exit.
- Collect the Skimming the Poison Tide power moon on the platform opposite from where you entered.
7. Slipping through the Poison Tide
- Use Cappy to inhabit a flying Goomba, and fly underneath the platform at the far end of the room (where you collect the Skimming the Poison Tide power moon).
- Fly through the broken section of fencing.
- Turn around and hop onto the platforms on the wall.
- Collect the Slipping through the Poison Tide power moon at the top.
On top of Top-Hat Tower
The next two power moons are located behind the red shaped door on top of Top-Hat Tower (which looks like a lighthouse to us).
8. Push-Block Peril
- Make your way through the entire course. (Watch how we did it in the video above. In short, time your jumps carefully so that you land on the blocks either as they’re just pushing out. And in the final salvo of blue push-blocks, wait until the one you’re standing on below starts to move into the wall. Then jump onto the one above it that’s pushing out.)
- At the very end of the stage, move back and forth between the two power nodes above the platform with the power moon.
- Hit ZL or ZR when you’re about halfway across to let go, land on the platform and collect the Push-Block Peril power moon.
9. Hidden Among the Push-Blocks
This might be the most difficult power moon to find and collect in the Cap Kingdom. Here’s how to do it:
- Make your way through most of the obstacle course.
- Just before you get to the third part where you’ll need to become electric, stop on the yellow-orange platform, and turn around.
- The Hidden Among the Push-Blocks power moon is there, uh, hidden among the push-blocks.
Inside the Frog Pond
The Frog Pond is a room you enter from a red door shaped like a hat just off the northwest edge of Central Plaza.
10. Searching the Frog Pond
There are always two power moons to collect in hat rooms. For the first, Searching the Frog Pond, you’ll need to collect five power moon pieces (and the locations are all in the gallery above).
11. Secrets of the Frog Pond
To find the second power moon, Secrets of the Frog Pond, do the following:
- Use Cappy to mind control a frog.
- Hop to the northwest corner of the room. (It’s northwest of where you enter.)
- Jump onto the platforms and head left until you see the two white moving platforms with a big vertical divider between them.
- Jump on top of the big vertical divider.
- Jump from the top of the big vertical divider, pushing up so that you enter the corridor carved along the wall.
- Inside of that corridor, you’ll find the Secrets of the Frog Pond power moon.
12. The Forgotten Treasure
- Speak to the NPC on top of the middle hat in Central Plaza.
- Break the pile of wooden crates behind the shops.
- Walk to the “narrow pathway that dips into the fog,” which is off the side of Central Plaza (blocked by two wooden crates).
- Check on top of “Glasses Bridge,” where you’ll also find nothing. (It’s the bridge leading back to the Odyssey.)
- Check on top of the “biggest hill,” which is by the Odyssey and will also not lead you to the power moon.
- Next, Cappy will tell you to that he “went toward the moon,” which is what you should do. From the high hill, walk toward the moon. It’ll lead you to the steps on the side of the ramp that begins the bridge.
- Ground pound the area to the left of the second step to collect The Forgotten Treasure power moon.
13. Taxi Flying Through Bonneton
At the northwest corner of Central Plaza, you’ll find green binoculars to possess. Look at the moon until you see a flying taxi. When it’s in your sights for a few seconds, you’ll receive the Taxi Flying Through Bonneton power moon.
14. Bonnetter Blockade
Outside of a hat in the Central Plaza, you’ll find a character to talk to. He’ll say, “I’m protecting the power moon. I’m not afraid of anything! Not even Paragoombas!” This means he’s afraid of Paragoombas.
Go find a Goomba with wings. That’s a Paragoomba. Fly it over to him. He’ll run away. Collect the Bonnetter Blockade power moon.
15. Cap Kingdom Regular Cup
On top of Top-Hat Tower, you’ll find a Koopa who wants to race. Accept his challenge, run across Cap Kingdom, and you’ll receive the Cap Kingdom Regular Cup power moon.
16. Peach in the Cap Kingdom
- Head to the northern border of Central Plaza.
- Find Princess Peach hanging out near the railing.
- Speak with her to collect the Peach in the Cap Kingdom power moon.
17. Found with Cap Kingdom Art
This is a super weird power moon. Here’s how to get it.
- Look at the Hint Art on a wall by the bridge that leads to Top-Hat Tower. It’s an abstract depiction of a group of characters far, far away.
- Travel to the moon.
- To the right of the Odyssey, you’ll see a group of characters that resemble the Hint Art.
- Ground pound the lunar surface in front of the second character from the left.
- Collect the Found with Cap Kingdom Art power moon.
18. Next to Glasses Bridge
Just west of the bridge with the flying Goomba (that’d be Glasses Bridge), you’ll see a hat down in the fog. Jump onto it, and you’ll get a power moon.
19. Danger Sign
Out in the fog south of the Odyssey, you’ll see a sign with a skull on it. Capture a flying Goomba, and make your way out to collect the power moon floating over the sign.
20. Under the Big One’s Brim
Warp to Top-Hat Tower, and look over the railing in front of the flag. Jump over and grab the power moon on your way down.
21. Fly to the Edge of the Fog
Capture the flying Goomba on the bridge, and fly around to the far side of Top-Hat Tower. There, in the fog, you'll find a power moon.
22. Spin the Hat, Get a Prize
Jump up to the top of the archway between Central Plaza and the Odyssey. Throw Cappy at the hat in the middle, and collect your power moon.
23. Hidden in a Sunken Hat
Capture the flying Goomba on top of the bridge, and fly southeast over the railing. Below you, you’ll see a hat in the fog. Land on the hat, throw Cappy at the golden part in the middle, and you’ll get a power moon.
24. Fog-Shrouded Platform
Off the northern edge of the central plaza, you’ll see a glowing bit of ground. Butt stomp it for a power moon.
25. Bird Traveling in the Fog
There’s a tiny, sparkling bird flying in the fog around the island. Capture the winged Goomba on top of the bridge and wait for the bird to fly by. Just keep flying to chase it. You’ll get a power moon when you catch the bird.
26. Caught Hopping Near the Ship!
You’ll find a rabbit in a top hat near the Odyssey. Run after it, throwing Cappy at every opportunity. When you catch it, you’ll get a power moon.
27. Taking Notes: In the Fog
Off of the western edge of the island, you’ll see a treble clef. Capture a flying Goomba, fly to and touch it, and then touch all of the musical notes it spawns to get a power moon.
28. Cap Kingdom Timer Challenge 2
Throw Cappy at the scarecrow in the southeast corner of Central Plaza. Hop on the platforms to collect the key, and then jump your way back to collect your power moon.
29. Cap Kingdom Master Cup
Warp to Top-Hat Tower, and talk to the the Koopa waiting for you there. The trick to winning this race is simple: Capture the winged Goomba on top of the bridge, and fly your way to the finish line.
30. Roll On and On
Enter what looks like the gray top of a chimney at the western side of Central Plaza. You’ll need to roll your way down this course to get the power moon at the end.
There really isn’t a trick to this, but we do have one piece of advice: Ignore the coin rings. There are plenty of places to collect coins in Super Mario Odyssey. Concentrate on getting the power moon here, not rolling out of your way to collect a few more coins. You’ll find more. We promise.
31. Precision Rolling
Enter what looks like the gray top of a chimney at the western side of Central Plaza. To get this moon, you’ll need to roll to your left as you make your way down the hill. The power moon is at the end of the thin platform.