There have been numerous Ghost in the Shell trailers released over the past few months, but today Paramount Pictures released a batch of moving posters to introduce the various characters in the film.
Naturally, Scarlett Johansson’s Major is represented, but it’s also the first detailed look at the other characters in the movie. Even in the trailers, the focus has continuously been on Johansson. The posters introduce other important characters to the film, including Chief Daisuke Aramaki, Batou, Togusa, Ishikawa and more. Some of these characters are specialists in Section 9, the counter-terrorist organization the Major leads, and others are a variety of field agents and specialists.
Ghost in the Shell, which is based on the award-winning manga and anime by Masamune Shirow, follows the agents in Section 9 who are tasked with taking down a life-threatening hacker. The film will be released on March 31.
All of the character posters can be seen below.
- Batou is the second best melee fighter in Section 9 and the Major’s second-in-command Paramount Pictures
- A cyborgnetic counter-cyberterrorist field commander. Paramount Pictures
- Ladriya Paramount Pictures
- Chief Daisuke Aramaki, who is head of Section 9 Paramount Pictures
- Borma is Section 9’s explosives specialist Paramount Pictures
- Ishikawa is Section 9’s information warfare and technology specialist. Paramount Pictures
- Saito is one of the cybernetically enhanced members who can handle an automatic weapon with deadly accuracy. Paramount Pictures
- Togusa is the only entirely human member of Section 9. Paramount Pictures