The treasures that you find while playing Uncharted: The Lost Legacy can unlock bonus content — things like outfits for the games’ main characters, weapons or game modifiers. There are 68 treasures scattered across the game’s nine chapters, so finding them all is a daunting task. We’ve got a guide to finding all 68 , but there’s also an item in the game, the Queen’s Ruby, that acts like a treasure-finder.
You can find this bracelet in Chapter 4 “The Western Ghats” — Uncharted: The Lost Legacy’s big, open-world-like chapter. It’s optional, and finding it takes a bit of work, but the help it gives in finding treasures makes it very much worth the effort.
There are 11 tokens scattered around the Western Ghats that you’ll have to retrieve first. And there’s a bit of a trick or a puzzle to finding each of them. We’ve got a map, some pictures and brief descriptions below to help you pick them all up.
Finding the tokens
The first thing to do is to climb the tower and get the area’s major locations marked on your map. For the tokens, you want to focus on the wheel icon in the northeast corner of the map.
Head to the ruins and interact with the big map on the wall. This will fill in all the token locations on your map. (You can also pick up the owl token right here.)
The rest of the tokens are marked on the map above. (You don’t technically have to visit the monkey-filled ruins first, but it’s nice to have the icons on your map.) We give a brief walkthrough of all of the tokens below.
- Tiger. The insurgents have taken this token off of its altar and locked it in a crate nearby. Take out the insurgents and open the crate. (This is also where you get the Leather Covered Binoculars treasure.)
- Swan. There’s a hole right in front of the elephant statue that you can dive down into to find a hidden room and the token.
- Garuda. Swing along the five grapple points to get to a destructible wall. If you need grenades, there’s a locked crate back toward the beginning of the valley.
- Bull. Activate the switch right above the bull altar. This will start seven fountains in the ruins around you. Visit all seven fountains and deactivate them — by standing in them — before time runs out. Use the grapple points to swing your way around the area in a clockwise circuit to get them all in time.
- Peacock. First, you’ll have to fight your way through two waves of insurgents. When you’re done, there’s a destructible wall to the right of the turret.
- Boar. Starting from the tower right above the boar altar, swing to the pillars in the middle of the mudslide. Jump across them to get to the small tunnel on the other side.
- Elephant. Use the grappling hook on the well cover below you, then jump off the beam that juts out over it. Your weight will lift the cover off and let you into the room underneath.
- Cobra. Climb up the wall, and use a gun to shoot (ring) all seven bells to unlock the door.
- Owl. There’s no trick to this one. It’s right next to the map where you turn in the tokens.
- Lion. There’s another destructible wall in front of this one. If you’re out of grenades, there’s a grenade launcher in the locked crate in the nearby truck.
- Horse. This is another align-the-rings puzzle, but with a twist. You have to maneuver extra pieces into (and out of) the rings. These pieces add a lot of extra steps to the process. First, move the big chunk to the right, then move the medium piece to the center. Move the big chunk all the way back to the left, then move the medium piece to the right. Move the big piece back across to the right, then move the smallest piece into the puzzle and line it up. Move the big piece all the way back to the left, then line up the medium ring. Finish off the puzzle with the outer ring.
The Queen’s Ruby
After you’ve collected all 11 tokens, head back to the monkey-covered ruins in the northeast. Interact with the map again to cash in your tokens. As a prize, you’ll receive the Queen’s Ruby.
The Queen’s Ruby will emit a sound (from your controller) and vibrate when you’re close to a treasure. Its function can be turned on and off in the options menu.
Use the ruby along with our guides to make finding all of the treasures much, much easier. You’ll also keep this bracelet when you go back to replay any of the earlier chapters to make finding anything you missed easier.