It’s a slow week for big-name releases on the Nintendo Switch, but a new game in the Taiko no Tatsujin (a.k.a. Taiko Drum Master) rhythm game series is always a big deal for fans.
Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun! has already been released for $49.99, and while it doesn’t look like there will be a drum peripheral for the Switch released in the U.S., tapping along using the buttons or swinging the Joy-Cons is an acceptable substitute. The inclusion of Splatoon’s Inkling and Kirby, as well as songs from Nintendo games, helps make the Switch version special. There are also plenty of party games included to play with friends, if you have enough Joy-Cons to go around.
If you’ve never tried a Taiko title before, prepare to be overwhelmed by the cute visuals and bright colors of this very cheery, and satisfying, game.
SNK 40th Anniversary Collection will be out on Nov. 13 for $39.99 and includes 14 classic games, with 11 more planned for release on Dec. 11 at no additional charge. The star of the show here is the preservation effort that went into some of these rare games and sharing information about the past of SNK, as the collection takes great care in how it presents these pieces of history.
Here’s the complete list of eShop releases for the week:
- ACA NEOGEO PLEASURE GOAL: 5 ON 5 MINI SOCCER
- Battlezone Gold Edition
- Chalk Dash Carnival — Available Nov. 14
- Demetrios - The BIG Cynical Adventure — Demo Version
- Elemental Knights R
- Forgotton Anne
- Grim Fandango Remastered
- Johnny Turbo’s Arcade: Break Thru
- Johnny Turbo’s Arcade: Night Slashers
- Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix
- My Riding Stables - Life with Horses — Available Nov. 13
- Noir Chronicles: City of Crime
- Operation Pig
- Palm Reading Premium — Available Nov. 14
- Picture Painting Puzzle 1000!
- Project Highrise: Architect’s Edition — Available Nov. 13
- Rage in Peace
- Road Redemption
- Roarr! Jurassic Edition
- Shadow of the Loot Box
- Sky Force Anniversary
- Syberia 1 & 2
- The Bug Butcher
- The Walking Vegetables: Radical Edition
- Timber Tennis: Versus