IO Interactive and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment are teaming up to bring Hitman back to retail.
The Danish developer, which has been an independent studio since being dropped by Square Enix, and the publisher of Mortal Kombat announced a deal today to release Hitman: Definitive Edition in May for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. That version of the game will include the base game, the content released as part of Hitman’s Game of the Year Edition and a few extras.
Here’s everything packed into Hitman: Definitive Edition:
- IO Interactive’s 20th Anniversary Outfit Bundle – Three new outfits inspired by Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas
- Hitman Season One (Main Game) – Seven exotic locations from the first season, including Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido, along with the ICA Facility
- Hitman Game of the Year Edition Content – Four missions from the Patient Zero Campaign, three themed Escalation Contracts that unlock three unique weapons, as well as the Clown Suit, Cowboy Suit and Raven Suit from the recent Game of the Year Edition digital release
- Hitman Summer Bonus Episode – Featuring ICA bonus missions in Sapienza and Marrakesh
- Hitman: Blood Money Requiem Pack – Including the Requiem Suit, Pale Duck Explosive and ICA Chrome Pistol
- All featured Contracts, Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and game updates from Hitman Season One and the Hitman Game of the Year Edition
“We’re super excited to be working with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on Hitman and together releasing the Hitman: Definitive Edition to new players,” said Hakan Abrak, CEO IO Interactive, in a press release. “Working with a partner like WBIE means that the team at IOI can stay focused on what we’re good at, making games.”
Hitman: Definitive Edition will hit stores May 15. Pricing was not announced.
IO Interactive is already working on the next game in the Hitman franchise. Abrak said last year the studio is “making great progress and we have exciting new features and some franchise firsts.” The studio said in November it plans to release details about its new game sometime this year.