The lead-up to E3 2018 has not stopped Nintendo from adding a ton of games to Switch eShop. And while quantity is rarely equal to to quality, in this case, we largely have both — with recognizable titles new and old padding out the storefront through next Wednesday, May 30.
Street Fighter technically turned 30 last year, but Capcom held off on releasing the series’ 30th Anniversary Collection until this spring. There’s 12 games packed into this one, starting with the first Street Fighter and ending with Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike. A handful of the included games also offer online multiplayer, which is a dope addition for anyone whose teen years were spent forcing quarters into arcade slots. That compilation launches May 29.
Also on Switch comes the closest thing we have to a Castlevania game. Koji Igarashi, the series’ creator, releases one of his Kickstarted spiritual successors onto the console this week. Funny thing is, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is the Kickstarter project’s stretch goal companion game, which resembles an NES platformer. Its big brother Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has spent years in development, as Kickstarter projects often do; back in 2015, it became Kickstarter’s highest funded game ever, only to be delayed until sometime in 2018. At least Igarashi fans have something to tide them over.
But most exciting to us is the return of Ikaruga, a shoot-’em-up game from genre tastemakers Treasure. First released in Japanese arcades in 2001, Ikaruga made it to the West on GameCube in 2003. Since then, it’s been released on Xbox 360 and Windows PC. The new Switch port, however, is both the most recent and perhaps most faithful version to date. The vertical shooter can actually be played vertically on an undocked Switch, after all. (It’s available May 29 as well.)
We’ve got the full list of updates below, so keep an eye out for other names you’ll recognize, like Harvest Moon and N++.
- 6180 the moon
- ACA NEOGEO TOP PLAYER’S GOLF
- Arcade Archives Ikki
- Baobabs Mausoleum Ep.1: Ovnifagos Don’t Eat Flamingos
- Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
- Dead Fun Pack: Penguins and Aliens Strike Again
- Die for Valhalla! — Available May 29
- Dungeon Rushers
- Escape Game: Aloha
- Fallen Legion: Rise to Glory — Available May 29
- Harvest Moon: Light of Hope Special Edition — Available May 29
- Ikaruga — Available May 29
- Jumping Joe & Friends
- Jurassic Pinball
- Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Deluxier Edition
- Legend of Kay Anniversary — Available May 29
- Mecha Storm
- PixelJunk Monsters 2
- Punch Club
- Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection — Available May 29
- Yoku’s Island Express — Available May 29
- Zen Bound 2