Eight world record holders perform in their top events over the second 24 hours of Summer Games Done Quick (noon today until noon Tuesday). The eighth edition of the speedrunning marathon for charity kicked off from Minnesota yesterday. You can watch all of the action live, right here.
- At 12:22 p.m., d4gr0n, in Rocket Knight Adventures (Any%). d4gr0n took first place 18 days ago.
- At 1:07 p.m., GreenZSaber in Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (New Game, Any%, No DLC). Two days ago, GreenZSaber beat a personal best time by two minutes to take No. 1.
- At 4:07 p.m., v_input_output in Soft Body (Soft Game). World champion for the past month.
- At 5:17 p.m., Obidobi in Master Spy (Any%).
- At 8:24 p.m., kicking off a Mega Man block to close out Monday is a three-way, Any% race in Mega Man 6 among DarkTerrex (5th overall), Chelney (No. 3) and Ppotdot1 (No. 1).
- At 2:55 a.m. (Tuesday, June 26), Pessimism in Resident Evil HD Remaster (New Game, 100%, Best Ending). Pessimism’s world record was set in October, which is a lifetime ago in speedrunning.
- At 5:54 a.m, Blood_Thunder in Penumbra: Overture (Any%, quick saves allowed).
- And at 7:52 a.m. tomorrow, Mildew in FreezeMe (25 Cubes).
Other runs of note:
- At 6:34 p.m. is a race in Dustforce DX (Any%) between fishmcmuffins and Freshmaniac. fishmcmuffins is No. 2 on this game’s leaderboard and Freshmaniac is third.
- Mega Man, always a crowd-pleaser in speedrunning, features The Blacktastic in Mega Man 9 at 9:11 p.m.; he is No. 2 overall (with Protoman).
- And DarkTerrex (in the Mega Man 6 race earlier) who hit No. 2 overall with a tuneup run five days ago in Legend of Kay Anniversary, is back for another shot at it at 8:57 a.m. Tuesday.
As always, Summer Games Done Quick is a round-the-clock affair, so you may have missed something overnight. For that, we recommend checking out the continually updated VOD thread at r/speedrun and the official Games Done Quick channel at YouTube.
Summer Games Done Quick 2018 benefits Doctors Without Borders. Last year, this event raised a record $1.7 million for its philanthropy. To give, visit this donations page.