E3 is almost underway which means we’ll soon be hearing from gaming studios about all of the big new games to get excited about this year. There’s another reason to be excited this week, though: E3 is one of the best times, second only to Black Friday, to save some cash on the biggest games of the last year.
Microsoft and PlayStation are both running huge sales this week on consoles, games and online subscriptions. The Xbox One X is getting its first official discount, $50 off, bringing the price down to $449.99 starting tomorrow, June 10. Sony is also offering $50 off the PlayStation 4 Pro, down to $349.99.
If you’re looking for games, some of our favorite titles of the last year are deeply discounted as well. Assassins Creed Origins, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds and Cuphead are all on sale at the Microsoft Store along with hundreds of other games. The PlayStation Store’s Days of Play sale is also offering up to 70 percent off PS4 games like Far Cry 5 and Call of Duty: WWII.
These sales have the added benefit of motivating other retailers to drop their prices. Amazon dropped God of War to $49.99 as soon as Sony did and Best Buy is matching prices on Pl™ ` ppoo[0-ÏayStation’s Days of Play sale. So if a game or console you’re looking for is sold out, chances are you can find it at the same price on another site.
Consoles and Hardware
- Xbox One X at the Microsoft Store for $449.99 (usually $499.99). This deal starts on June 10.
- PlayStation 4 Pro 1 TB at Walmart and Best Buy for $349.99 (usually $399.99).
- Sony PlayStation VR Skyrim Bundle at Best Buy for $249 (usually $349.99).
- Sony PlayStation VR Doom Bundle at Walmart and Best Buy for $199.99 (usually $399).
- God of War on PS4 at Amazon for $49.99 (usually $59.99).
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on Xbox One at the Microsoft Store for $20 (usually $49.99).
- Cuphead on Xbox One at the Microsoft Store for $16.99 (usually $19.99).
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds on Xbox One at the Microsoft Store for $20.09 (usually $29.99).
- Assassins Creed Origins on Xbox One at the Microsoft Store for $30 (usually $59.99).
- Life is Strange on Xbox One at the Microsoft Store for $4 (usually $19.99).
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm on Xbox One at the Microsoft Store for $8.50 (usually $16.99).
- Sea of Thieves on Xbox One at Walmart for $38.30 (usually $59.99).
- Monster Hunter: World on PS4 and Xbox One at GameStop for $39.99 (usually $59.99).
- The Evil Within 2 on PS4 and Xbox One at GameStop for $19.99 (usually $29.99).
- Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus on PS4 and Xbox One at GameStop for $19.99 (usually $29.99).
- Far Cry 5 on PS4 and Xbox One at Walmart for $38.83 (usually $59.96).
- FIFA 18 at Walmart on Xbox One for $38.15, on PS4 for $42.99 and on Switch for $42.39 (usually $59.99).
- Rocket League on PC at Green Man Gaming for $10.99 (usually $19.99). This deal ends on June 13.
- XCOM 2 on PC at Green Man Gaming for $15.05 (usually $59.99).
- Grand Theft Auto 5 on PC at Green Man Gaming for $17.82 (usually $59.99). This deal ends on June 15. This deal ends on June 11.
- State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition on PC at Fanatical for $7.49 (usually $29.99). This deal ends on June 10.
- 8Bitdo SN30 Pro Controller at Amazon for $46.04 (usually $49.99).
- KrBn Mechanical Gaming Keyboard at Amazon for $58.99 (usually $249.99).
- PlayStation Platinum Wireless Headset includes a free copy of Far Cry 5 at Newegg for $159.99 (usually $208.98).
- DropMix Music Gaming System at Amazon for $49.97 (usually $99.99).
- Select Funko Pop, Nendoroid and other collectible figures are up to 75 percent off at ThinkGeek.
- Marvel digital comics are 50 percent off at Comixology with code MARVEL50. Excludes comics that are less than two weeks old. This deal ends on June 11.
Commerce Team Picks
- Along with the discounted games and consoles, Sony released a limited-edition PS4 Pro this week. Polygon was divided over whether the new color scheme is cute or ugly, but if you’re into it you can pick it up now from Best Buy or GameStop.
- Father’s Day is next Sunday, June 17 which means you have a little over a week to pick out something fun for the dad in your life. Check out our gift guide for some non-boring ideas.
Polygon Deals is a weekly roundup of the best deals on the internet, curated by Vox Media’s commerce team, in collaboration with Polygon’s editorial team. You can submit deals to firstname.lastname@example.org, follow us on Twitter @PolygonDeals and find more Deals here. All prices are reflective of time of publication and are updated periodically to account for changes.