SGDQ organizers announced the record total in a news release early this morning; it’s still likely to increase as donations filter in over the final day. Summer Games Done Quick formally ended around 3 a.m. with a wrap up show streamed live from the marathon’s site in Bloomington, Minnesota.
In all, 153 games were speedrun, most of them by their world record holders, since the event got underway at 12:30 p.m. last Sunday. Here are, in chronological order, some of the best runs over the past week.
- Tomb Raider (Any% glitched) by Beckski93 in 1:13:56 on Tuesday, June 26.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (as Sonic) by mike89 in 23:37 on Tuesday, June 26.
- Cuphead (100% Regular, Legacy) in 50:14 by TheMexicanRunner on Wednesday, June 27.
- Celeste (Any%, race) by TGH and yoshipro in 36:26 on Thursday, June 28.
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! by Shockwave and Amyrlinn (Co-op, Any%) in 1:56:46 on Friday, June 29.
Then there’s the the “Weird Block” on Thursday, June 28, which featured:
- Pepsiman (Cutscene%) in 25;48, by theboyks.
- Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy in 2:43 by MONTYvsTHEWORLD.
- Miner Ultra Adventures (Any%) in 9:04 by Konasumi.
- Roundabout (esports speedrun mode) by GNU Order in 12:12.
Resuming with more traditional speedruns:
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (All forts, race) by mitchflowerpower and grandpoobear in 58:34 on Thursday, June 28.
- Streets of Rage 2 (Mania%) by Anthopants in 51:46 on Friday, June 29.
- Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (Any%) by PJ in 1:01:37 on Friday, June 29.
- Mega Man 8 (Any%, race) by orsa and cleartonic in 51:29 on Friday, June 29.
- Pokemon Yellow/Red (Any%, glitchless, two games/one controller) by MeGotsThis in 2:58:36 on Saturday, June 30.
- Super Mario Odyssey (any%) by NicroVeda in 1:03:58 on Saturday, June 30.
The next Games Done Quick event will be Games Done Quick Express at TwitchCon, Oct. 26-28 in San Jose, Calif. That mini-marathon will support the charities participating in TwitchCon’s Charity Plaza.