The newest senior producer for Madden NFL, Carlos Guerrero, is out after less than a year in the role and just weeks before Madden NFL 19’s launch. A statement from EA Sports says he was dismissed for violating company conduct policies.
As first reported by Game Informer, Guerrero’s departure was announced with the following statement:
“Due to behavior that is against EA policies, including our Global Code of Conduct & Respectful Workplace policy, Carlos Guerrero is no longer with EA. We don’t have any further comments.”
A source with knowledge of the matter told Polygon that the misconduct was internal in nature, and not related to social media, forums or other fan/player interactions. We reached out to EA Sports for additional comment on the matter.
Guerrero joined Electronic Arts to work on the Madden franchise in August 2017 He had earlier worked for Blizzard, with senior producer credits on Overwatch and World of Warcraft. When creative director Rex Dickson left EA Sports in May after five years at the company, Guerrero took over his role. Most recently, Guerrero spoke to Polygon before E3 about the creative vision for the franchise, beginning with Madden NFL 19.
EA Sports said that Roy Harvey, the general manager of EA Tiburon, will serve as Madden NFL’s executive producer until the role can be filled. Guerrero’s dismissal is unlikely to affect Madden NFL 19, as it launches Aug. 10, but the vacancy could affect the title’s post-release support or the beginning of development on Madden 20.