Amazon announced today that one of the best perks of Amazon Prime, a 20 percent discount on video game pre-orders, is ending next week. Instead, Prime members who pre-order an eligible game will receive a $10 promotional credit to their Amazon account “up to 35 days after a qualifying purchase.”
The new policy takes effect on Aug. 28, which means Prime members have one week to pre-order 2018 (and some early 2019) releases before the 20 percent discount goes away. Thankfully, Amazon lists new games practically as soon as they’re announced, so even some games without firm release dates are available for pre-order.
If there are games you were already planning on picking up in the next few months, it might be a good idea to go ahead and pre-order now. The most anticipated upcoming games that are eligible for the pre-order discount, at least for the time being, are listed below.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)
- Fallout 76 (PS4, Xbox One)
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (PS4, Xbox One)
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4, Xbox One)
- Diablo 3 (Switch)
- Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)
- Rage 2 (PS4, Xbox One)
- Resident Evil 2 (PS4, Xbox One)
- Hitman 2 (PS4, Xbox One)
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu/Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee (Switch)
- Just Cause 4 (PS4, Xbox One)
- Super Mario Party (Switch)
- Soulcalibur 6 (PS4, Xbox One)