Marvel Cinematic Universe fans are, if nothing else, detail-oriented, obsessive people who like to keep track of all the minutia that make up the franchise’s 20 films.
Such as: Pepper Potts (technically) killing more people than Iron Man.
A new chart created by Redditor Tom95 breaks down some of the most granular details about each hero or villain’s kill count. Some details are obvious, becoming funny when thrown into a professional chart — like Thanos being one of the most aggressive and violent characters in the Cinematic Universe. Others facts, like Pepper out-killing Iron Man are purely strange.
Pepper Potts has killed two people in her time as a superhero-adjacent character. She killed Iron Monger in the first Iron Man, and Aldrich Killian in Iron Man 3. Iron Man, however, has only killed one person on screen since his time in the Marvel Cinematic Universe began in 2008: Ebony Maw in Avengers: Infinity War.
It’s hard to say what’s more impressive: that Pepper Potts killed two people, albeit acting on Iron Man’s behalf, or that it took 10 years for Iron Man to actually kill someone. He’s managed to save the world a few times without ever actually needing to kill someone — well, until Thanos’ goons showed up on Earth.
Here are some fun other notable details:
- The only two heroes in the MCU who haven’t killed anyone are Spider-Man and the Wasp from Ant-Man and the Wasp.
- Black Panther has only killed one person — Killmonger
- Both Hulk and Bruce Banner have killed the same number of people: one. Hulk killed Fenris in Thor: Ragnarok and Banner killed Cull Obsidian, another one of Thanos’ goons, in Avengers: Infinity War.
- Hela and Loki hold the second place spot for most kills. Each have killed four people. Hela’s deaths all occurred in Thor: Ragnarok. Loki killed in Thor, Thor: The Dark World, The Avengers and Thor: Ragnarok.
- Both villains are also dead. Hela died at the hands of Surtur in Ragnarok, and Loki was killed by Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War.
There is plenty more data to pore over in the actual chart. Avengers: Infinity War is available to watch on Blu-ray.