Nintendo’s first round of new games on the Switch eShop for 2019 is small, but its headliner is an appropriate fit. Fitness Boxing is the standout addition this week, a workout game that will force us all to stick to our biggest New Year’s resolution.
A Wii Fit successor of sorts, Fitness Boxing pairs the Joy-Con controllers with mid-2000s pop music (not-recent hits include Maroon 5’s “Moves Like Jagger,” Avril Lavigne’s “Girlfriend” and Justin Bieber’s “Baby”), as on-screen coaches yell at players to punch harder at the screen. It’s a little less charming in design than Nintendo’s classic exercise game, but in the absence of Switch Fit, Fitness Boxing seems like a fun way to avoid going to the gym while still getting off our butts.
The full list of games, which also features the classic The King of Fighters 2002, on Nintendo Switch eShop this week is as follows:
- 99Seconds — available Jan. 4
- ACA NEOGEO THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002
- Animated Jigsaws: Wild Animals
- Don’t Sink
- Fitness Boxing — available Jan. 4
- JCB Pioneer: Mars
- Job the Leprechaun
- Johnny Turbo’s Arcade: Fighter’s History
- Mad Age & This Guy — available Jan. 4
- Mentori Puzzle
- Octahedron: Transfixed Edition — Demo Version
- Pic-a-Pix Pieces
- The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human