Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s 725 shotgun has plagued players since release. What should be a high damage short-range weapon is instead killing people from across the map, even after Infinity Ward tried to fix it. In the game’s latest patch, the developer is back at it with another nerf to the 725, along with a few other changes.
This time around Infinity Ward is trying to slow the 725 down by once again reducing its range. Hopefully this time the change will be enough to keep the gun out of literally every players’ hands. In other weapon news, the M4 is getting a toned down, with a greater hip fire spread and less headshot damage. Meanwhile the FAL will now aim down sights faster and have a little bit less recoil.
Another frequently-requested change that’s arriving with this patch is are adjusted footstep footstep sounds. In this patch, footsteps will always play when you’re crouched or aiming down sight, no matter how slowly you walk. On the plus side for stealthy players, you can now move just a little bit quicker while still using the walk sound effect, instead of having the louder running sound play.
For a look at all the changes coming to Modern Warfare as part of this update, you can see the full patch notes below.
Modern Warfare Nov. 12 patch notes
- More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
- Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)
- Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
- Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
- General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We’ll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
- Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476
- Fix for Mission Challenge description, “Get Kills with a Burst Weapons” being too vague.
- Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
- Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain
- ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
- 725: Reduce range
- M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
- FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
- EB-14: Increase ADS speed
- Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress