Black Friday 2019 is almost upon us, which means that a year from now, both Microsoft and Sony will likely have launched new consoles — which means that both companies are offering very good deals on their current-generation systems this year.
Microsoft’s own Black Friday deals, which the company initially revealed a week ago during X019, take at least $100 off the price of an Xbox One console. The discounts went live Nov. 21 for Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers, and will be available to everyone from Nov. 24 through Dec. 2.
Of course, some retailers will try to entice customers by throwing in store credit and other items alongside Xbox One hardware and software during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping week. If you’re looking to pick up a bundle for yourself, or as a holiday gift, this is the best time to do it. Let’s take a look at the various deals available this year.
Microsoft Store Black Friday Xbox One bundles
- Any Xbox One X console will be available for $349.99, $150 off the regular price of $499.99. Options include bundles with Gears 5, NBA 2K20, and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
- All Xbox One S consoles will be available for $100 off their regular price. Most of them usually go for $299, so the deal will drop the price to $199. The cheapest option is the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition bundled with Minecraft, Sea of Thieves, and Fortnite Battle Royale, which will go for $149 after the discount. The standard Xbox One S is bundled with the same games as the Xbox One X, such as Gears 5, NBA 2K20, or Jedi: Fallen Order.
Target Black Friday Xbox One bundles
- The best Black Friday offer for Xbox One bundles comes from Target. The retailer is throwing in a $40 store gift card with the purchase of any Xbox One console except for the All-Digital Edition — and yes, that’s on top of matching Microsoft’s offers of $150 off all Xbox One X systems and $100 off all disc-based Xbox One S consoles.
- Note that the gift card offer is a doorbuster deal.
Black Friday Xbox One bundles at other stores
- GameStop seems to be matching the Microsoft Store’s deals. Its Black Friday ad specifically mentions the $199.99 Jedi: Fallen Order Xbox One S bundle and the $149.99 All-Digital Edition package. The retailer also touts a deal for the NBA 2K20 Special Edition Xbox One X bundle at $349.99 (reg. $499.99) as an “Only @ GameStop” offer — which is curious, since the Microsoft Store sells that one, too.
Amazon, Best Buy, Dell, Newegg, and Walmart will also be matching the Microsoft Store deals.
- The Black Friday ad for
Kohl’sonly mentions the Jedi: Fallen Order Xbox One S bundle for $199.99 and the (standard) NBA 2K20 Xbox One X package for $349.99, both of which are doorbusters. The retailer is offering $15 of Kohl’s Cash for every $50 you spend from Nov. 25-29, but note that Kohl’s Cash is not the same thing as a store gift card — it’s essentially a $15 coupon, and it’s valid only from Nov. 30 to Dec. 9.