In a Destiny first, Bungie intends to to remove some content from the game in the upcoming Season of Dawn. Season of Dawn is Destiny 2’s ninth season, and all of its new activities and items will replace the equivalents from the Season of the Undying (season eight).
With only two weeks left in Season of the Undying, you’re running out of time to complete some objectives. Here’s everything you should do before Season of the Dawn arrives on Dec. 10.
The season pass items
The season pass is a new feature in Season of the Undying, and it’s about to get replaced by the Season of Dawn pass. There are a lot of fantastic items in this pass, and if you haven’t reached level 100 yet, you’re going to miss out.
The best way to level up your season pass is by buying bounties before you do anything in-game. Bounties will help you skyrocket your experience level over just a few hours. Bungie’s also added the ability to buy season pass levels with Silver, if you’ve got more money than time.
Here’s a small selection of items you definitely want to earn before Dec. 10:
- Eriana’s Vow Exotic (free for premium users, level 35 for free users)
- Pluperfect auto rifle (level 30 free and premium)
- Temporal Clause machine gun (level 45 free and premium)
- Various Ascendant Shards, Enhancement Prisms, planetary materials, Bright Dust, and Enhancement Cores (up to level 96 on free and premium)
- Various cosmetic ornaments and emotes (up to level 100 premium)
Vex Offensive armor and weapons
The Vex Offensive activity is going away on Dec. 10, and taking all of its exclusive items with it. Make sure you have all the stat and perk rolls of the following items before Season of Dawn starts:
- Pluperfect (after you earn it from the season pass)
- Temporal Clause (after you earn it from the season pass)
- The Substitutional Alloy armor sets for Titans, Warlocks, and Hunters
- The Imperative Kinetic scout rifle
- The Optative Void hand cannon
- The Adhortative Solar pulse rifle
- The Subjunctive Arc submachine gun
Undying title and triumphs
With the Vex Offensive gone, all of the associated Triumphs will go away as well. That means that you have to complete all of the Triumphs associated with the Undying title before Dec. 10 if you want it. After Season of the Dawn starts, you can never earn the title again. However, if you earn it before Dec. 10, you can display it proudly, showing you were playing Destiny 2 during Season of the Undying.
The Season of the Undying collection
Similar to the title, the Season of the Undying collection will also lock after Dec. 10. If you still haven’t completed the various seasonal Crucible, Gambit, and Vanguard quests, they’ll go away, and you’ll never get the associated shader or emblem. If you haven’t yet, or are looking to finish the Undying title in the final two weeks, finish any of the quests that start with “Season 8.”
Season of the Undying Eververse items
Like every season, Bungie will refresh the Eververse with new Season of Dawn-inspired items on Dec. 10. If you have your eye on some weapon skins or the seasonal armor ornaments from Season of the Undying, you’ll need to spend your Bright Dust or Silver now. Most of these items will disappear for an unknown amount of time when Bungie launches Season of Dawn.
Bungie will fully reveal the content coming with Season of Dawn on Wednesday, Dec. 4 at 1 p.m. EST.