Polygon is coming back to SXSW! If you happen to be in Austin March 8 - 10, we’d love you to to come hang out with us for an on-stage conversation we’re very excited about — and an arcade we’ll be spending the rest of our time at.
Vox Media is renting out The Belmont (305 W 6th St, between Guadalupe St. and Lavaca St.) and has invited us to host a talk with Amy Hennig (head writer and creative director for the Uncharted series), Adi Shankar (showrunner for Netflix’s Castlevania series), and Kiki Wolfkill (Studio Head, 343 Industries aka Halo) . The talks will take place on Saturday, March 9th at 5:30 p.m. CT.
Also! Thanks to the success of last year’s arcade — thank you for that, by the way — we’re gonna be doing it again! Once again we’ll have a collection of both classic arcade cabinets as well as some of our favorite party games. A selection of the titles
- Classic arcade cabinets: The Simpsons, NBA Jam, Pac-Man, X-Men, Street Fighter 2
- Party game Essentials: Overcooked 2, TowerFall Ascension, Rocket League, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
All this is part of Vox Media’s The Deep End, which additionally features Eater-curated food and drink (which we’re not-so-secretly very excited for), a Curbed Lounge for hanging out and checking out local Austin creators, live podcast tapings from our friends at The Verge, Recode, and Vox, and more.
Hey #SXSW! The Polygon Arcade is almost ready! We're open Fri 3/8-Sun 3/10 + don't forget to join us Sat 3/9 for a talk with Uncharted's @amy_hennig Castlevania's @adishankarbrand & 343's @k_wolfkill! (Presented by @TCL_USA)— Polygon (@Polygon) March 7, 2019
Details/RSVP https://t.co/4StsKUmZem #VoxMediaDeepEnd pic.twitter.com/gfXCzzBQ14
Remember to RSVP here, and let them know which Vox Media networks you love the most (wink, wink). And now, the fine print:
- What: A Polygon Panel and the Polygon Arcade, part of “The Deep End by Vox Media” SXSW event
- Where: The Belmont (305 W 6th St, Austin, TX 78701)
- But like... where, exactly? The talk will be in the podcasting room. For the Arcade, head upstairs! (If you joined us last year, it’s the same spot.)
- When: The Arcade will run from Mar. 8 - 10, while the talk will be Saturday Mar. 9 at 5:30 p.m. CT (plan to arrive early just in case!)
- The fine print: The Polygon Arcade and Polygon Talk are presented by TCL. Vox Media’s The Deep End is additionally made possible by sponsors 3M, Aloft, eBay, KeVita, and Doha Debates.
- Anything else? You can RSVP here!
Here are some highlights from last year: